Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Trading Post

Good morning!  Today I am trying out a challenge at the Artist Trading Post.  The challenge is to create an ATC inspired by the Trading Posts.  I love creating ATC's and love the idea of the old Trading Posts. 


I started with a reference card from the library.  When we were in Phoenix for vacation recently I was able to go out looking for local stamp stores and one of the stores I found had a selection of antique ephemera and bits and pieces.  There was a handful of library reference cards which I just love!  I spent so many hours as a child in the library looking up books with these cards!  It has me wondering what happened to all those cards when they put it online! 

Well these particular cards actually describe reference materials for Southwest American Indians which I think is just perfect for the inspiration of Trading Posts.

I used the Wendy Vecchi stencil to add a few lines with the Abandoned Coral overlaid with Walnut stain sponged onto the background.  I then used a few different Stampers Anonymous stamps in the background.

I finished off with tying some twine through the hole on the index card. I added a rusty heart and wing.  The words are from the chit chat stickers.

I hope your week is going well. I didn't realize it was Wednesday!  Yeah! 

Suzz

8 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Suzz! I love the reference card idea and how you wound the twine through the eyelet. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ATC with the wings coming out from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant ATC, and what a find those library cards re! Love the stamps and stencil you used and the heart and wing are just the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - a fab ATC, Suzz!

    The wing and twine are such perfect additions to the reduced colour scheme design! And the red pops just brilliantly! Love it!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this! The stencilling works a treat. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I love how you've used the reference card. Beautiful ATC! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work, thanks for entering into our challenge at ATP exchange challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!