Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Looking Glass

Today we are going through the looking glass. The Vintage Journey challenge this month was about the looking glass and you could interpret a variety of ways.  I decided to play with an acetate tag as my looking glass inspiration.


 As always I am in the middle of three to four started projects which are in stuck mode.  I decided to stop and play along with the challenge by creating a tag to try to get the creative juices flowing.   This tag started with acetate but I pulled out some bronze paint and started applying paint to the acetate.  I didn't like that so I added a layer of mica flakes which I thought would look cool with the bronze.  Not so much... :) 

So I covered everything with a coat of gold paint and then spritzed yellow/orange spray ink over that.  You end up with this mix you see of golden tones, yellow, orange and a touch of bronze underlying it all. 

I then wiped out my center with a baby wipe and stamped the face on white cardstock which I placed behind the acetate.  I dug around looking for some accessories to frame her with that were already in gold but only found the spray so I used the black flowers and just accented them with gold.

Products:  Ranger Distress Paint (Bronze, Gold), Stampers Anonymous, Ranger Distress Stain Spray - Black Soot, Dylusions - Yellow/Orange Spray, Stampendous Mica Flakes 

Hope you are having a lovely week!

Suzz

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Suzz and wow we used the same stamp and colours for the same challenge, great minds eh. I love this. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzzanne ......love your tag and your perseverance was worth it as all the products you used look stunning.
    This stamped image is perfect for our challenge too.
    Great to have you on board with us this month at AVJ

    TFS and best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so brilliant!! Love, love, love it!!

    Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at AVJ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so beautiful Suzz. I love the framing of the face beneath the acetate frame. Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful texture, color and design Suzz! Isn't it fun to see what you can come up with when you don't like the start and so you add more layers until you like it! thanks for joining in the AVJ challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag Suzanne! Love the beautiful color palette and all the layers! Those blossoms are stunning! Hope you have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing, Suzanne! What an awesome tag!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!