Sunday, March 22, 2015

I've been framed!

There are some stamps that just speak to you and you can use them over and over again in a variety of ways.  The challenge this week at   Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge  is to show the same stamp in a variety of ways.

I decided to use the Hero Arts Engraved Frame and showcase a few different ways.  


Products: Ranger Distress Stain Sprays (Broken China,  
   Picked Raspberry,   Spiced Marmalade) FilmstripStampers Anonymous - Rabbit EasterWeathered Clock Simon Says Holiday Shapes DiesIdea-Ology Life Quotes Remnants Rub-OnsIdea-Ology Glass VialsStampendous Ultra-Fine GlitterWendy Vecchi Embossing Paste WhitePrima Honeycomb StencilTim Holtz Layering Stencil - Latticework, Gesso, Ranger Archival Ink - Black, Cornflower Blue, Signo Uni-Ball White Gel Pen, Prima Wheat Jute, Seam Binding, Glue Pen

This was my second project which used the frame in the background as a pattern:

The frame can be overlapped or repeated to create an elegant background.  I added layers of stencils, mists and embossing paste to create a mixed media background.

For my first project I created a card using the frame and masking / reverse-masking.
I started with stamping the frame on a scrap piece of paper two times and cut out the frame and cut out the middle.




I then stamped the frame in the center of the card front.  I placed the cut out frame over the frame on the cardfront and stamped the gentleman into the opening. 

After that I laid the inside mask over the image and stenciled the rulers on with black embossing paste on the bottom half of the card.  After that dried I placed the mask again over the center image and another piece of cardstock to cover the top half of the cardfront and misted the bottom half with ranger distress stain spray.

I repeated the process but covering the bottom half of the image and misted the top half of the card.


And then I played around with the words and placement along with the twine. 


Products: Ranger Distress Stain Sprays (Antique Linen    Pumice Stone)  Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste Black, Tim Holtz Layering Stencil - Measured,  Ranger Archival Ink - BlackStampers Anonymous - Time Traveler, Stampers Anonymous - Documented, Stampers Anonymous - 2015 New StampsIdea-Ology - Metal Game Spinners, Stampers Anonymous -Simple Sayings, Black Cardstock



For my final project I just started another tag and embossed the frame off center to show how it could be used partially on a project.



Products: Ranger Distress Stain Sprays (Spiced Marmalade, Iced Spruce, Vintage Photo),     Embossing Paste Gold, Tim Holtz Layering Stencil - LatticeworkRanger Gold Embossing Powder, Ranger Archival Ink - CoffeeStampers Anonymous - Butterflies , Stampers Anonymous - Documented, Stampers Anonymous - 2015 New StampsStampers Anonymous -Perspective

The ever generous Simon Says Stamp is offering a gift voucher to a randomly selected participant in the challenge, so come join in on the fun.


Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

13 comments:

  1. Your projects are beautiful and really showcase the versatility of the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool tags!! Love the embossed effects :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I stopped by to see your other examples, that IS a very versatile stamp and now you've got me thinking outside the box (frame) ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I stopped by to see your other examples, that IS a very versatile stamp and now you've got me thinking outside the box (frame) ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh wow Suzz, such cool projects! Love them all! And all so very different! Stunning! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. all your projects are stunning! my fav is your masculine card! I adore it! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. I love all your great techniques, Suzz. All the results are gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful projects and I adore your second card Suzz, that is stunning! Thank you for sharing the great techniques you've used and the fabulous results!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful projets Suzanne! Amazing stamping techniques! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your projects are fabulous, love how different they were, even with the same element.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful projects, Suzz. It's always a treat to visit your blog and see the different ways that you've used your stamps. This challenge was made for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are gorgeous Sue and such a great way of showing the versatility of stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! How clever are you? SUPER CLEVER is the answer to that question. I was totally impressed at the different ways you thought to use stamps and frames! Love the whimsicality and sense of fun energy in the white rabbit tag and I liked the sophistication of the framed man, too. You did great and are always thinking outside the...stamp?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!