Sunday, July 27, 2014

Mixed Media Birthday

Blessed Sunday to you!  I had some time to play this morning and created a few different projects while playing with the new Darkroom Door release.  The new texture stamps are fabulous and perfect for a little mixed media touch.  I decided to join in on the Mixed Media Challenge around the house.  I used an old toothbrush to sprinkle on my white acrylic paint.


I am swimming in cards and other projects but when the girls are looking for a birthday card for their friends they say there aren't any to be found.  I decided today to try something a little more free form to see if this would suit a girl teenager.  Although when I finished I realized this would make a pretty anniversary or wedding card.

I started with spraying an area on white cardstock using Tattered Angel - Cornflower blue Glimmer Mist.  After that dried II  spritzed a layer of white acrylic paint mixed with water to add a touch of white inky sprinkles. Next I used the Hero Arts - White chalk ink with the new Weathered Stripes texture stamps  to stamp stripes across vertically.      I decided to turn the stamp and repeat the stamping to give a hash mark effect.

I took the new splatter stamp  stamped in Ranger Archival - Blue Violet   and added random bits of color along with a few hearts from the Fun & Games  set.   I added the birthday sentiment from the Simple Sayings. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz


9 comments:

  1. Hey Suzz! Loving this card! Beautifully designed, great colours and the flower trim is so pretty on it! Great work!
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Your work amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, different than most of what I see. I love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful mixed media card-love the colors! I'm a sure a teenage girl would love this. Thanks so much for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing like a good toothbrush right :) Such a pretty card and you're right...This card makes a pretty any occasion card!

    Lalo
    Mixed Media Monthly DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. love using those old toothbrushes... really nothing can compare! beautiful card and love the colors. Thank you so much for playing Around the House with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous, Suzz! I love the background, and the blue violet stamping keeps it soft. Perfect for a birthday, wedding, or anniversary, you're right. I think I need to case!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your mixed media card! An old toothbrush is a great item from around the house for paint splattering! Thanks for playing along with our Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card and love the idea of using the toothbrush. Thank you for joining with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!