Saturday, July 5, 2014

Dragonfly

You know how there are stamps you just love.  Well this is one of my favorites!  One of the ones I am always drawn to and want to pick up and use all the time.   

I decided to play with pink and orange dye inks mixed up with water on my craft mat.  I dragged my cardstock through the inks.  After that dried  I just stamped the beautiful dragonfly onto the surface. 

I added a hint of yellows to the wings along with some ultra-fine glitter.

To bring in texture I used a layering stencil from Tim Holtz and Wendy Vecchi white embossing paste.  After it dried I added a little more color with the dye inks over the texture and around the edges of the card.

Products: Stampers Anonymous Classics #1, Memory Box -Happy Birthday, Wendy Vecchi  White embossing paste,  Tim Holtz - Layering Stencil, Ranger Dye Inks - Ripe Persimmons, Picked Raspberries

A quick and easy birthday card much needed this month with all the birthdays we have in the family. :)

Have a wonderful Saturday!

Suzz





10 comments:

  1. Love your card with those hot colors! I love that stamp, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Colors. Beautiful background. Love the stamping.
    Thanks for inspiring me Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Amazing, Sue! So much wonderful texture and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Suzz, I love this image too . The colours are so eye catching and the texture is gorgeous, I love the sentiment placed on the side. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and beautiful colors. Love the added texture. I still use lots of my older stamps because I still love them, too! Some like this one you used are timeless and will always be "in style".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very arty Suzz. love the colour mixture. And so much beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous and I just love what you did to the background! I think that dragonfly is stunning, one of my all time favourites too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzz, this is fantastic. I love the stamp too although I haven't got it yet (saving up my pennies for it!). Love the colours. Jean.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great way to use the dragonfly stamp. gives me an idea of how to use the samples I made while practicing watercolor painting. thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!