Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!  Trick or Treat!  I finished my witches hat just in time... The Ranger blog is having a little contest for Halloween projects and I will be linking this up over there. They are sharing Candy's fabulous project on the blog and you need to go see how clever she was in creating her spooktacular project.
I got this hat partially created and then it sat for a long time waiting for me to get the inspiration to finish. The crafting contest had me pulling out my Visual Artistry set and Stampers Anonymous stamps to finish this.
The base is a paper mache witches hat.  I painted it with orange acrylic paint.  The background is stamped randomly with Memory Box Vintage Halloween in black ink.  The next step was apply Wendy Vecchi Black Embossing Paste over sequin waste randomly to apply a little texture.  After that dried it sat on my desk. :)

I then stamped the family from the Visual Artistry Journey set and cut them out to place them in my tulle bow.  I die cut branches from cardboard and painted them with a combination of Ranger Distress Stain - Walnut Stain and embossed with black embossing powder.   I stamped the spider using black ink on acetate and heat embossed using black embossing powder. I cut them out and attached them to the bow and the tree.

Now I am ready to go out on my broom. :)   Have a wonderful Halloween! I hope you get all treats and no tricks!

Suzz

9 comments:

  1. Fly safely! Great project Suzz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous creation, Suzz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just the cat's meow Suzz! Love it. Thanks for popping by my blog today:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a halloween fan Suzanne, but this hat looks stunning. Great compliment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue. Life has been getting in the way of my crafting and blogging again recently :( Just taking a little time out to have a quick whip around my favourites but won't have time to leave comments on every post as I like to do, :( :( I am going to have a look back to see what I've been missing though :D and this hat is a fabulous starter!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!