Friday, September 20, 2013

Shades of Blue

City Crafter Challenge #177 has the most lovely soft serene photo in lovely soft shades of blue and it inspired me to use the Hero Arts Remember set to play along in their contest using Stamp Your Story.



I started playing around with glimmer mist and some new Hero Arts flowers with the lovely verse from Verses Rubber Stamps to create this card.

This took me four tries to get the effect I wanted.  Unfortunately it doesn't photograph as well as I had hoped so you are seeing a pumped up color from brightening to make it pop from the background.

Producst: Hero Arts - Remember, Verses Rubber Stamps - Rose Kennedy Quote, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Verdigras, EK Success Punch - Dragonfly, Ranger Distress Inks - Stormy Weather, Versamark, Stampendous Clear Embossing Powder.

Have a lovely Friday!

Suzz

10 comments:

  1. Your efforts were well worth it! Beautiful shadows:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card - just bought that set but haven't played with it yet - you gave me some inspiration to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely take on the challenge colors, Sue - love your card in the soft blues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely to have you playing along with us Sue ... this is stunning as always ... hope all is well with you ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Suzz, the blue is lovely and I love the spritz of colour. The flowers are stunning and the sentiment perfect . Enjoy your weekend . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great result with the colours Suzanne, it almost look 3D!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how beautiful... I love the delicate colours!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful card Suzanne! Thanks so much for sharing this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you kept going to achieve this beautiful effect. What a truly gorgeous card!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!