Thursday, January 31, 2013

Vintage Valentine

Hello Thursday!  I am waiting anxiously for Friday and the weekend!  Today I am combining the beautiful valentine colors from the ColourQ Challenge #174 with the Mojo Monday Sketch #278 and the vintage images of PaperArtsy.

I don't know about you but I have a few Valentines I need to make and my brother has a Valentine's birthday. So I have to create a variety of valentine's cards.  The colors from the challenge mix the browns, red and pink hues together which is a good balance for a masculine valentine. 

I stamped the sweet boy image on the right half of the heart and added the stripes from another stamp to the other half. I punched out the heart and was going to stamp something else on it but thought it would be fun to continue with the stripes.

The background was an embossed scrap never used and decided to bring in some texture and color in the background.

Products: PaperArtsy - Hot Picks XTRA-01 - Backgrounds, PaperArtsy - Vintage Collection - ID02, 
PaperArtsy -  Mini 06, Spellbinders - Heart Dies, Fiskars Heart Punch

The sketch and colors:



Hope your day is wonderful!

Suzz


10 comments:

  1. Hi Sazanne, LOVE that image and the coupons! It really looks like a masculine card, even with those colors! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever girl! Love how the stamped the heart in sections. The balance of colors is perfection. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Suzz, love how you've balanced the heart and the image. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous. I so love the vintage look and so unable to create it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love how you have your own special way of interpreting sketches Suzz. This on is fabulous and how you've incorporated the PaperArtsy images is wonderful. Totally fabulous card!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful Valentine!! I love the way you used the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Suzanne, love the vintage feel of this card! thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fabulus card! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one beautiful card Suzz. Love all that beautiful pink with the splash of brown

    ReplyDelete
  10. so lovely! All these layers are fabulous:) Thanks so much for playing with us at ColourQ this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!