Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Voyage

I had time to play around again yesterday and pulled out a new stamp from Impression Obsession that I hadn't used yet.  I love their Cover a Card stamps as they cover such a nice area and are perfect for backgrounds.
I started with a background created previously with a blue glimmer mist.  I pulled it from my leftovers folder. I have one just for backgrounds. I always use up any excess ink on cardstock and put the pieces of cardstock in a file folder.  When I knew I wanted to play with the new Map background I went looking for a background in blue.

I stamped the map over the inky background using Ranger Archival Ink. I then came back in and added touches of yellow around the key areas of the map lines.  I used my STAEDTLER watercolor pencil to add a little shading and my waterbrush to soften the area around the lines.

I then went looking for a coordinating stamp and found the B Line Designs cityscape to stamp over the map.  After that I spent time adding shading around the skyline and along the bottom of the cityscape to help pop the buildings from the details of the map.

I added the word Voyage from the Stampers Anonymous Classics #1 set and the Enjoy the Journey from a Lily Bee set.  To finish it off I just got this Mr. Hueys White Opaque spray and I wanted to see if I could get a snowy effect by spritzing it over the surface.  I sprayed a touch of it over the surface.

I liked how this turned out and decided to use a piece of it on my blog header.

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

11 comments:

  1. This is stunning the background is gorgeous and whole card looks so effective. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing scene and love the way you've described how it was done. It makes a brilliant blog header too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly an amazing work of art, Suzanne! It totally deserves to be front and center on your blog banner. You never fail to impress and inspire me! blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Stamping and Colouring Suzanne - this is very beautiful. You sound super organized with a leftovers folder. You are wayyyy talented. Merry Christmas, Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing background and stamping... gorgeous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's pretty Sue. Stick a Santa on there and could be his route for Christmas! LOL

    Doing some catching up.
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous!! Thanks for inspiration, again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful and clever card! Such substantial composition!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great card. Now I HAVE to have that stamp, it would be perfect for my travel mini that I am doing. Gotta love IO.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card,love the cityscape stamped over the map and it makes a great blog header

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!