Friday, March 5, 2010

Butterfly Tag #2 and Tag #3

Here are the other butterflies... inspired by Louise's challenge this week to create a tag with brown and one other color.

I tend to create multiple versions of any project I do. So the butterfly I created before came from this butterfly. I wasn't sure I liked the mix of stamps I used on the butterfly. After I finished the first one I came back to this butterfly.
I put it on the tag after the butterfly was completed. The second butterfly was inspired by the idea of using the medallion flower stamp on a glimmer mist background. I really love the effect of the petals as butterfly wings but got stuck on the body of the butterfly because of it's size. Sometimes when I take pictures of something it loses something in the translation. This is one of those. Other times the card looks better in the photo. But definitely the softness of this didn't translate into the picture.

The stamp used on the bigger butterfly is the Hero Arts Medallion and the background is glimmer mist taffy.

The smaller butterfly used a variety of stamps from Stampabilities, Penny Black, and Hero Arts.

The inks were Memento Rose Bud, StaZon Fuschia, Memento Rich Cocoa, and Versafine Vintage Sepia.

The tag shape was traced from a Hero Arts Clear tag.

Hope you have a lovely day!

Suzz

18 comments:

  1. Wow, wow & WOW! These are both gorgeous, Suz!!!!!! You are such a talented stamper & I just love your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, sooooo lovely! What fantistic butterflies! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Gorgeous butterflies Sue and I love the pink and brown colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore both of these! So creative, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well the first tag and butterfly is just gorgeous Sue. Really, really pretty. Unfortunately I can't get the second one to load so I'm missing out on what I just know is another beauty.

    I'll have another try later.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, stunning, love these butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning. I love the brown and pink colour combo. Your last one is something amazing. Love the music background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wauw, what a work you have been doing, and it turned out so nice! Love the butterflies and tags

    ReplyDelete
  9. love how those turned out, Sue!! beautiful pinks and the designs are incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Exquisite...each tag is so stunningly gorgeous! Your creativity is just limitless is seems. The beautiful pink with brown is too wonderful...I truly am impressed with your lovely butterfly tags!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. don't know what your number is for it, but this first tag you are showing is just amazing....it'smy favorite. Great stamping, Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't say it enough, just totally amazing, I'm trying to figure out how long it took you to put together the 2nd card, wowzers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, WOW, WOW, Sue!!!!! These are drop dead gorgeous, LOVE everything about them... pure eye candies!! WOW!!

    Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning tags Sue, you are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw the first project and said "WOW!". But then I saw the second and said "WOW WOW WOW!". The way you arranged the flower images on the butterfly makes it look so "fluffy" and lovely. Amazing on both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girl, you are ON FIRE!!! I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. GASP...retrieving jaw from floor...STUNNERS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are both gorgeous Sue! The butterfly you made out of the medallion flower stamps is absolutely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!