Sunday, November 8, 2009

Swirling Snow

Still playing at the Hero Arts Challenge this week which is to use unexpected colors for a holiday card.

I had to purchase a re-inker for my broken china and at the same time I picked up a re-inker for my purple inkpad too. This background started from mixing those two together.

  1. Drip blue and purple re-inker onto acetate/transperancy.
  2. Spritz with water.
  3. Stamp snowflakes onto white cardstock using versamark. Heat emboss with clear embossing powder.
  4. Lay stamped background into inks. Lift and see if any spots need color added.
  5. Create additional backgrounds to use up the ink. :)
  6. Stamp swirls using versamark onto the stamped background after it is completely dry.
  7. Heat emboss using incadescent embossing powder. (You can't see it in the picture but there is a beautiful incandescent sheen on the background).

The rest is very straightforward. I stamped the swirls on the plastic snowflake using StaZon ink.

Products:

  • Hero Arts - Stunning Snowflakes
  • Impression Obsession - C-A-C Fluff
  • Lime green - Pearls
  • Snowflake - Hobby Lobby Christmas
  • Stamp N Stuff - Kaleidescope Embossing Powder
  • StaZon - Royal Purple
  • Versamark

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a blessed day.

Suzz



16 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Sue. The snowflake background is stunning. Thanks for explaining your techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Suzanne, The background is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great technique! Your card is beautiful. I love the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! I love this tecnique too! The colors are just amazing and I can only imagine how it shines and sparkles with the Kaleidescope embossingpowder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful unexpected christmas card. That background is so beautiful!Great in purple

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I am bookmarking this for later so I can give it a try.. Wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzz this is just gorgeous. Love the colour you created for your background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow.....outstanding creation you have here, you are one super talented gal...have a wonderful day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, thanks for sharing the technique you used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzz...this card really is stunning ...the colors are so vibrant and rich! Have a great week!
    Hug,kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooohhh, GORGEOUS! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning!! I love it, so gorgeous!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is totally gorgeous, Sue! LOVE your background and the yummy colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG I have CAC Fluff~ and your card is sensational lady. I am going to see if I can CASE this kind of for the blog. I love the snowflake! It really compliments that WOWEEE background!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. GORGEOUS!!!!! thanks for explaing your beauty of a background!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!