Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Butterfly Tree!

The Caardvarks challenge this week is tree's a crowd http://caardvarks.blogspot.com/2009/04/trees-crowd.html and the Hero Arts weekly challenge is distressing... Neither of these are something I can resist. I love my trees and I also have a little attraction to butterflies.. I decided to create a butterfly tree.



If you have ever been to a butterfly garden you probably have seen something similar to this..



I used the Marvy Uchida butterfly punch. They are so adorable.. Tiny butterflies and I used up scraps! Yeah! I had some acohol inked background (red) and glimmer mist background (yellow) which I punched the butterflies from. Before I punched the butterflies I stamped in red pigment ink a script stamp on the paper.

The rest is easy as pie... Stamp the tree add a little sponging and you have a beautiful background tree for the butterflies to float softly on.

Products:

  • Hero Arts Designblock - Tree
  • Hero Arts Sparkle Clear - Love That!
  • Hero Arts - Artistic Windows
  • Versafine - Vintage Sepia
  • Ranger Distress Inks - Broken China
  • Memento - Rich Cocoa
  • Marvy Uchida - Butterfly Punch

Thanks for stopping by...

Suzz

21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I LOVE both challenges this week! Gonna play, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't seen that cool designblock tree ... and what a great way to use those scraps of great paper ... wonderful butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just perfect. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the background....so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card - the butterflies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That design block tree is so versatile - love how you use it - and I really love those tiny butterflies - gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute, love all those butterflies...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful butterfly tree!! Very eyecatching!!

    TFP at CV's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i *have* been to a butterfly garden...and IT DID INDEED look very much like this! possibly not quite as pretty and charming though--WOW--i just ♥adore♥ your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! So pretty! I love how that tree fills up the WHOLE CARD! The butterflies are the perfect touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Suzz! I may have to go out an buy that Marvy Uchida butterfly punch after seeing this card! I love it! What a creative idea and so well executed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cool Suzanne - love this, and so pleased you made layout of the day at 2peas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, wow, wow! I LOVE this! Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card! I love the little butterflies as details...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh This is sooo pretty!!

    HUGS~ LORi BOYD

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow - love your card! what a great use of the punches and original as well. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful.
    Congrats on the featured layout at 2 peas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love the softness of this card. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think it's just glorious! How pretty with the Butterflies and the all of the limbs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. totally pretty - love the little butterflies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!