Friday, October 3, 2008

Stamptoberfest just started...

On Two Peas there are bunch of fun challenges open all week... http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/mb.asp?cmd=display&thread_id=2629323

One of the challenges hosted by Sandy was to use some paper that was rather strong in color/appearance and make it into a card. Here is the link: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/mb.asp?cmd=display&thread_id=2661249

She actually sent out the paper you were required to use in your project along with a stamped image.


The Green and Burgandy in the cardstock in the background were my attempt to tone down the papers provided to me by Sandy.


The poinsetta on the card actually had some other background where I cut it out to try to simplify all the colors.


I highlighted the poinsetta with the white gel pen.


Here are the remnants of the paper and the envelop that Sandy sent the paper in.
I got a chuckle out of this challenge. I normally don't use patterned paper and to have 3 pieces to incorporate in one card in addition to the colors and the patterns.
It was interesting...

All my posts this week will most likely be related to the challenges posted for Stamptoberfest.
Thanks for looking...
Oh... leave me a comment and tell me if I managed to turn ugly into pretty. :)

2 comments:

  1. Good job!!! I love that lime green in there... super retro look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You actually used it discriminatly, I think you could say, and still have a very lovely card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!