Sunday, August 10, 2008

Monday Monday....

Mondays.. mean back to work... Blah Blah... I held back a card that I finished yesterday just to have something to share today because it is Gymnastic's night for one of my girls... which means no cards for me today. :(

The butterflies are so beautiful and I couldn't capture their beauty on the camera. :( The background is very plain because I wanted to let the butterflies be the focal point and show off their beautiful wings.

I will share how I made the background and my butterflies.

Recipe:

Background:
  1. Stamp the flowers using a light dye ink.
  2. Stamp Versamark watermark ink on entire background. (The background ended up being slightly yellow as I used the same ink pad I used in my summer flowers. :)
  3. Cover in Clear Embossing Powder and heat.

Butterflies...

  1. I started with a very heavy gold cardstock. I purchased it at Xpedx http://www.xpedxstores.com/
  2. I used a Zig Memory Makers glue pen and attached Fantasy Film to a 3" x 4" piece of the gold cardstock.
  3. Stamp flower on the fantasy film using StaZon Ink.
  4. Using the heat gun heat up the fantasy film. Hint: You need to keep watch if you get too hot the fantasy film will melt and leave holes.
  5. Cut out butterflies from the stamped fantasy film/gold cardstock using my Cuttlebug with Nestabilities Butterflies.
  6. I accessorized my ladies with some pink pearls.

I assembled the card and stamped the saying on the bottom corner.

Materials:

  • StaZon Royal Purple Ink
  • Spellbinders - Butterflies 2
  • Adirondack Lights - Pink Sherbert
  • Scrappy Cat - Inspirations
  • All Night Media - Anna Griffen 48363A
  • A Stamp in the Hand Co. - Q-1802 Tall Poppies
  • Art Institute Glitter, Inc. - Strawberry Fantasy Film
  • Crystal Stickers Pearls

3 comments:

  1. Fantasy film sounds like so much fun! Love your butterflies! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful card! Love your soft background and vivid butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I love the soft background and the vibrant butterflies. Thank you for your instructions.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!